Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Editing...

So, I have a about a hundred pages of this fantasy written.  It isn't complete, yet I find that most of me doesn't want to keep going with it and my mind keeps wondering to other projects.  I took some time and now I'm going to focus on the editing thing more!

I have to if I want this to be in any shape for publishing down the road.

I find that using another color pen is the best for me, since when I go to re-write it and I use a black pen, my mind skips over half the corrections.  And, using red is something I have always seen as the best thing to stand out on a black and white manuscript.

So far, I have 15 pages of the thing done.  I am just hoping that I don't have a "ohhh, shiny" moment and go off to start re-writing the story from the beginning once I hit page fifty or sixty.  I shall keep you all posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment