Monday, April 25, 2011

Oooh, a new shiny...

So, again I have gone and started something else.  Well, more like started a project again.  It is a modern day fantasy, with mystery elements and a thrill or two.  Hard-boiled, yet not about a private eye.  Not a rip-off of Dresden Files, though I love the series and wait for the next book with bated breath.  And I will admit that this current project was inspired by Butcher, it is something that I believe is different enough to not be just a rehashing of those books.

Read an amazing article of the detective story, written many, many moons ago by Raymond Chadler.  He was arguing that the detective story IS worthy of being well written and respect from critics.  He goes into a short history of the genre as a whole.  I recommend it.  Called, A Simple Art of Murder and can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment